Happiness is something which is difficult to describe in words. It can only be felt. Happiness is essential for leading a good life but unfortunately, it is missing from the lives of most people these days. Different people have different ideas of happiness. Some believe that it can be found in money, others feel happy and content when they are in a good relationship yet others feel elated when they are doing well professionally.
Happiness is a very simple term which is used commonly. Even a small kid can tell the meaning of happiness. But how many of us really know the meaning of true happiness and how to attain that state? Not many! Most people look for happiness outside. They believe that they can be happy if they possess certain things or be with certain people or reach a professional height. This is what they have been fed with since their childhood. While all the mentioned things are essential for a good living, they cannot bring happiness.
Happiness is something that only you can bring for yourself. If you choose to be happy and channelize for thoughts accordingly, then you shall attain happiness. However, it is not as simple as it seems. You need to make efforts to work on it. Secondly, it is not a one-time activity. You need to practice certain things daily in order to achieve this state.
Happiness is a state of bliss. If you train your brain to stay in this state it will stay this way. This is because your mind believes whatever you say. However, it is not as simple as it seems. You may experience happiness from time to time however it may take months or even years to make this state last
Ways to Attract Happiness and Make it Last
As per some recent studies, some of the habits to attract happiness and make it last are as follows:
- Be Content : Instead of getting super excited or depressed in different situations you must practice transforming these activated feelings into deactivated feelings such as calmness and contentment. These feelings are healthier and also easier to sustain
- Live in Present:You must stop thinking about your past mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes; nobody is perfect. Stop blaming yourself or feeling guilty for all the bad decisions you have taken in life. Also stop worrying about your future. Live in the present moment. Don’t let the good times go unnoticed.
- Be Thankful: Remember all your past moments and decisions that brought happiness and rejoice them. Be thankful to God for bestowing such joyous moments.
- Develop Positive Thoughts: Your thoughts build your reality. Positive thoughts and positive mind attract positive things in life and negative thoughts fetch similar experiences. So the only way to experience happiness is to feel good about all that you have.
- Surround Yourself with Positive People: Steer clear from people who indulge in negative talks or de-motivate you. Surround yourself with positive minds instead.
It is easy to get carried away by negative thoughts and get into a state of anxiety and stress owing to several things in life. However, you must always remind yourself of the good times and all the things you should be thankful about. This is a good way to shift your mood from negative to positive